Now that Kevin Hart is fully recovered from his car accident its back to business.
The “Jumanji” star is ready for war against his ex-business partners in court and wants to bring this nasty legal battle to a close.
According to The Blast, court documents state the comedian has officially told the court he is “ready to appear at trial by March 2, 2020.” A case he believes will only take one day.
Let’s catch up…..
Ok, Hart is in a legal battle with his former partners, Stand Up Digital, who he partnered with to design a game app featuring the comedian and his family.
Stand Up Digital sued Hart of messing up the project after that extra-martial affair scandal prior its release. They claim they were blindsided by the news alleging he gave them no warning.
Stand Up Digital is seeking $7.2 million in damages. Hart turned around and counter-sued demanding them to bring out the account books, and says they still owe him money.
The case was headed to trial but was postponed twice after Hart requested more time to recover from his bad car accident.
Earlier this month, Donte Mills, Hart’s high-powered attorney, got a huge victory in the case. The judge threw out all claims against Hart and allowed his countersuit to continue.
Hart’s attorney, Donte Mills, via The Blast:
“The case against Kevin Hart is dismissed. The company brought a baseless claim and was not only kicked out of court, but will be forced to pay him because of it. This is a victory against frivolous lawsuits and people who seek out celebrities to sue, which happen way too often.”
The judge sided with Hart and found that the comedian did not gain anything by going public with the affair. Instead noting the comedian actually suffered considerable reputational damage. The judge found no reason why Hart had to inform his business partners about his affair announcement. He said there was no evidence showing Hart breached his contract.
In their original lawsuit, Stand Up Digital allege they entered into the deal with Hart to launch a game called “Gold Ambush.” The phone app was supposed to be an interactive game starring Hart and his family as characters.
Stand Up says they spent over $1.25 million developing the game originally set to launch back in September 2017.
The company claims before app launched Hart took to social media to admit an extramarital affair. They accused Hart of not communicating with them before or after his confession.
Hart’s counter suit says he “suffered through an extremely difficult period in his life, where he was subjected to attempted blackmail to prevent disclosure of an extramarital affair.”
Hart accuses the company of creating a mediocre game in a very crowded market. Hart also claims the company refused to take responsibility for the failure of the app when it was “released into an app market where the overwhelming majority of gaming apps make insignificant revenue, and the few successful games, such as ‘Game of War,’ have advertising budgets in the tens of millions of dollars.”
And why didn’t Hart inform his former business partners of his infidelity?
Because he was working closely with the FBI and was not able to disclose any details.
He demands the case to be thrown out.
Should Kevin have told them about stepping out on his wife or is it none of their business?!
What’s your 2 cents?!